Saturday, May 12, 2012

something every clothes-owner should have (lyn)

A few years ago I was in line at the Container Store.  While there, I saw something called a fabric shaver by Evercare.  It promised to remove “unsightly pilling” and “restore clothes to a like-new appearance.”  It was $6.99.  I had to have it.

I came home, put it away, and forgot about it.  The other day when I was cleaning closets again I came across it, still unopened. I thought I’d finally try it out.

Amazing.  In a few seconds it removed all the pilling from a purple cashmere sweater I bought this fall.  Today I try it on one of my favorite wool Wolford skirts.  The skirt looks new again.  Really.  

I wasn’t sure if this item were still being sold, as I bought it so long ago.  I check on Amazon and find that it is:


Many reviewers say it created holes in their clothes.  Maybe they are doing something wrong?  I don’t know, but I think it’s a great little gadget.

Imagine if there were something like this for removing just a few inches here or there.  Just put it on your skin (in my case it would go on my little love handles) and zzzzzzzzzzz---------- gone.  Now that would be a gadget worth having.

No comments:

Post a Comment