Tuesday, October 12, 2010

a derailed plan (lyn)

This morning I enter all the food I plan on eating today on etools.  Tomorrow is weigh-in and I want to be down slightly, especially since I tracked this week, something I no longer do every single week.  When I do track, my expectation is to show a modest loss, and then not track the following week.  It’s probably a stupid strategy, but I like it, and it’s working.

Up until mid-aftrnoon I’m eating exactly as planned.  But then life takes over and my plan falls apart.

There’s a 3:15 college meeting at school, and they are serving snacks.  I have already accounted for two homemade chocolate chip cookies (they always serve them).  Upon arriving, I grab two cookies and a Diet Pepsi. 

About an hour into the meeting, one of the college counselors is discussing the merits of how colleges view the SAT vs. the ACT (no difference) and I notice that my Diet Pepsi is missing the word Diet.  I stop focusing on the presentation and become focused instead on how many points are in a 12-ounce can of regular Pepsi (something I haven’t had in years).  I later learn it’s 3 points.  Three wasted points. 

The meeting ends at 4:30 but Shari needs to stop at Target on the way home.  And then we run into traffic.  I have theater with Meredith at 7, and don’t arrive home until 6, just enough time to grab a two-point Weight Watchers bar, some grapes, and run out the door.

The play, The Pittman Painters, is interesting and mildly entertaining, but it lacks drama.  At intermission we leave.  Besides, I’m hungry.

Get home around nine and have dinner: a pork chop, spinach, and two pieces of jellyroll. 

My 18-point plan ends up being almost twice that.  It reminds me of my ringtone for Alexander, John Lennon’s Beautiful Boy, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." 

No comments:

Post a Comment