Sunday, October 10, 2010

lucky jeans (lyn)

Another perfect fall day.  I take out a pair of pants I had bought last March.  They are a size 28 /6, Lucky Brand straight jeans.  They look great, but are a bit too big at the top.  The tags are still on.  I wonder if I can return them?

I walk to the Lucky Brand store.  I explain the situation simply (these pants fit in March but are now too big) and am surprised when told that exchanging them won't be a problem.  How refreshing.  I try on the size 27/4.  They look fantastic, though my sales guy thinks they are a tiny bit too big, and, “They will stretch.  You should try the size two.”  I have never been a size two.  I resist, but he convinces me.  I try on the size 26/2 and they fit perfectly, even when I sit.  I remember trying on jeans a couple of years ago, when nothing fit, and wondering if everything had been made smaller.  How else could I explain that only the size 31 fit without hurting. 

I can’t bring myself to buy the size two.  I’d constantly be worrying that I am one bite away from the pants not fitting.  But I gotta tell ya, it sure feels good to know a size two fits!

No comments:

Post a Comment