Sunday, October 24, 2010

quiet weekend in (lyn)

I’ve gotten lazy on the weekends.  In the fall, the weekday evenings are busy.  Between screenings, theater and school events, I’m out an average of three of four nights.  So by the time the weekend rolls around, I’m quite content to stay at home.

What I should do and don’t is make some nice dinners for the week.  Especially for those nights that I am not at home and Alexander is.  Or, I could use my time at home to clean closets or do laundry.  I don’t do that either.  I definitely should be walking or doing some other type of exercise.  Lately that, too, has been absent from my weekend routine. 

It’s not that I don’t have options.  Penny suggested a walking tour of Wall Street, but I declined.  Robyn wanted to go to the Museum of the City of New York.  I went so far as to meet her, and then changed my mind.  I felt I needed to be at home to make sure that Alexander stayed focused on his homework and college applications.  I act as if he wanted me home!


This weekend I saw a screening on Friday night, helped Alexander with his college essays, watched some TV, read, went with a friend to look at a dress for her daughter's upcoming wedding, caught up with friends, and little else. 

We ordered in pizza for dinner on Saturday night and I made steaks tonight.  Not much really happened, just a quiet weekend it.  It was very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment