Friday, November 19, 2010

busy day (lyn)

I decide to dress glamorously today.  Now that I can wear short tight little black skirts again, I want to.  So that’s what I do.  I add black tights, short Ugg boots, a black zip cashmere hoodie with a white T underneath, and a big black wool cape trimmed in fur (I got this years ago and rarely wear it, but it makes me feel very Hollywood-ish when I do), big Black Chanel sunglasses, and one splash of color-lime green leopard fingerless cashmere gloves.  I walk past the doorman and even he notices.  “You look sensational,” he says.  Normally I barely wear makeup so this is a big change.






My first stop is a meeting with two executives from BAFTA (British Academy of Film and Television Arts).  For about a year now, I’ve wanted to become more involved in this organization, and they’ve asked me to come in to discuss becoming part of their Screening Committee.  The meeting goes well, and I hope to begin working with them in January.

Next I have a coffee date with Neil, a friend of Shari’s.  Coffee is a great first date.  It’s quick.  Inexpensive.  And an easy way to tell if it’s worth a real date later on.  We both decide it is.

I come home and have lunch.  I finish off the soup I made a few days ago and then have some Fage 0-fat yogurt with a teaspoon of honey.  This might be my new favorite weight-conscious food.

There’s This Guy guy reads my blog from yesterday and writes, “I just read it!  I'm not too sure how to reply, so I decided to check some emails before I reread the blog.  Thank God there are no comments.  Let me think about it as I'm ‘not particularly intellectual’."  Later he calls.  It’s a fun, conversation.

At 4:30, I meet Robyn to see a screening of Blue Valentine, a not yet released movie that neither one of us really likes.  I’m home by 8:30 and have a crabmeat sandwich on bagel thins.

I’ve not been as cautious lately about food, and this week I was up 1.4 pounds from two weeks ago.  But I’m not too worried.  I can still wear a teeny tiny tight black skirt and feel good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment