Friday, November 26, 2010

the day after (lyn)

I skip the big egg and fresh ham breakfast but more than make up for it later in the day.

After hours of discussion (or so it seems), we answer the burning question that keeps getting asked, “So, what are we doing today?”  Our choices are limited.  We rule out shopping (“Why would we want to do that here?”).  We decide against bowling (“I am not wearing shoes that a million other people have worn.”).  No one is interested in the local theater production of the The Nutcracker. And so we decide to do what we knew we’d do all along, see a movie.  Picking one though, takes tremendous research and thought.  Michael and I are the experts but our opinions are not sought.  Outside research is required.  We narrow it down to three movies and use IMDB and Apple movie trailers before 10 of 11 of us agree on Love and Other Drugs, a quasi-romantic comedy. The movie doesn’t start until 4.

My parents stay home and we take two cars over to Mashpee Commons.  But before leaving, we pose for photos in front of my parents’ house: one of the six grandkids, and then one of the  three daughters and two husbands.





Once in Mashpee, we abandon our plans to just walk around and end up at Bobby Byrnes to have lunch.  This time I order the three lobster sliders and a small salad.  I wisely skip the French fries and one of the small slider buns.  Not much of a concession but hey, it’s something.

The movie is entertaining enough, though certainly not memorable.  I have some of my sister’s popcorn; it is so much better (and of course more fattening) than the bland, tasteless-but filling-one-point popcorn I’m accustomed to eating.

We get home in time for dinner, another gigantic-caloric event.




Lasagna.  Eggplant Parmesan.  Caesar salad.  Leftover desserts from last night.  Entirely new offerings of laugh-out-loud good humor.  And one big family photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment