Thursday, November 11, 2010

still here (m)

I'm still alive.  Just busy as never before.  I took on two consulting projects both of which have grown in scope and whose "due dates" are converging at the same time (early December).

I'm also still doing the WW program though I haven't been to a meeting in two weeks, nor have I weighed myself.  Nothing feels bigger...or smaller.  I started biking again this week, so I'm hoping for shrinkage by next week.

What did you miss?  Not much, but I'll give you a quick recap:

Reunions-my former colleagues at my old company got together last Saturday evening.  I really like the people a lot and looked forward to seeing them.  However, my husband's high school reunion was that same night.  So, which did I choose?  Neither.  I stayed home and watched Two Weeks Notice for the third time.

My Mother-Physically, she's status quo.  Mentally she is getting more anxious about everything.  The doctor prescribed anti-anxiety meds.  She won't take them as she doesn't want to "become an addict." Instead, she's making the rest of us anxious.  By Thanksgiving, I predict at least 5 of us will be fighting over her bottle of tranquilizers.

The Candidate- I've been a die-hard Democrat almost all my life.  My husband is an Independent.  We supported the Republican candidate for Governor of Mass because the current guy is a fiscal train wreck and a weak leader.  We went to 3 major fundraisers including an intimate dinner party with the Governor of New Jersey.  I wanted to tell him about Weight Watchers because I think he could go alot further  if he lost some weight.  My husband forbade me to do it.  We went to the election eve party at the House of Blues in Boston.  I sat next to Scott Brown for a bit.  ZZZZZZZ.  The only good news that evening was that I ate nothing and drank only diet Coke.

Parents' Weekend- At Sam's school.  We left our house in a hurry before the 4-hour drive and I left the itinerary at home.  Friends of ours whose son also attends the same college as Sam told us about a cocktail party at some nice home.  I didn't recall seeing that on the agenda but they said they would meet us there at 5 p.m.  T and I went, ate the shrimp, splurged on gin and tonic (4 points) and realized when they didn't have name tags for us and I didn't have an answer for "which committee are you on?" that we  had crashed the party.  Honestly, I felt like a little kid who had done a naughty thing.  It made me want to misbehave more.  I grabbed a handful of M&Ms on the way out.  Some shrink could have a field day with that.  P.S. the other parents never showed up.

Harrison-Is a full-time job.  He rowed in the Head of the Charles, is getting his driver's license in a week (hopefully), is prepping for the SATs and now, is at his big skating championship competition.  We drove down from Boston yesterday afternoon---6 hours.  Got to the hotel at 10 p.m. bleary eyed.  Saw some fresh cookies in the foyer. Had a salad with diet dressing on the Garden State Parkway rest stop.  Thought I could break off a piece and just have one bite.  Harrison intercepted and said, "Put that down".  I said, "Just a piece, relax."  To which he said, "Mom...those are dog cookies." When I looked a little closer, the bowl said "Woof".

No comments:

Post a Comment