Wednesday, February 9, 2011

9 more hours (m)

I haven't eaten since Monday night at 9 p.m. when I had a bowl of Frosted Flakes.  I dreamt last night that I cheated on my colonoscopy prep and they had to send me home and re-book it.  I woke up in a sweat.  Of all things, I "dream-cheated" on chicken nuggets.  Really?  I'm disappointed in myself for not aiming higher.

At 7 a.m. I counted the hours until the big event--9 more hours.  This is my punishment for moving the appointment from January.  They gave me an afternoon slot. 

I drank the last dosage of the magnesium citrate which went down my esophagus like carburetor fluid.  I washed that down with 24 oz of the yellow Gatorade (as directed).  Then, I drank a bottle of Poland Springs water.  Then, I got a headache. 

I am a hypochondriac.  That is a well-known fact.  When I got the headache, I had a flashback to the woman who died of water intoxication (there is such a thing) in the "Hold your wee for a Wii" contest.  I Googled the article about that event.  Very sad.  Now I'm worried I might be experiencing water intoxication. 

9 more hours.  I think I'll take a bath next and shave my legs even though the doctor is a Russian woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment