Friday, February 11, 2011

compliments (m)

Friday morning.  Meet a man for coffee who offered me a job back in 2007 when I first retired.  One of the reasons I gave for turning it down was that I wanted time for myself and planned to use the time to lose weight and get in shape.

He emailed the other day and said he wanted to touch base.  We meet for coffee at a Starbucks.  I walk in and he looks up and then looks back down at his newspaper.  Odd, I think.  Not very friendly.  I walk over to his table and he looks up again, does a double-take, and says, "It IS you!  I wasn't sure.  You look so different. Boy, when you say you're going to do something, you do it!"

You know, I'm so used to being at this weight (which is still not a good number) that I sometimes forget where I started (which was a hideous number).  His comments are both a nice reminder of how far I've come and good incentive to spur me the rest of the way.

I turn the job down again.  I want to finish what I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment