Wednesday, February 2, 2011

snow day #5 (lyn)

No school again today.  Once a week for the past five weeks school has been cancelled.  Last night we had an icy rainy snowy night.  The streets are deemed too hazardous to travel on, so school is closed.  


Despite the weather, I want to go to my Weight Watchers meeting.  I tracked every day this week  on this new Points Plus Plan and now I'm curious to see how I’ve done.  It’s raining out, so I wear a coat with a hood and put on some sneakers, thinking that rubber soles will make traveling on the icy sidewalk less slippery.  I walk half a block to the corner of my street where I’m confronted with a small river.  I can only go through it; it is impossible to walk around it.  Three minutes out the door and already my feet are cold and soaked through.  I cross the street and a similar-sized river awaits me.  I turn around and come home.  With all the footwear I own, I have nothing that will keep my feet dry. 

I go on Zappos and order a pair of deep purple tall Hunter boots, and get Alexander waterproof Uggs. Next time we’ll both be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment