Saturday, January 15, 2011

feed a cold? (lyn)

Feel miserable.  My head feels like it’s been run over by a steamroller.  Runny eyes.  Bad sore throat.  Stuffy nose.  Sneezing. Total lack of energy.  And the only thing that makes me feel better is eating or sleeping, so I do a lot of both all day.  I begin eating healthy:  bowl of strawberries, blueberries, a couple of tablespoons of Fage yogurt, and a teaspoon of honey, then sprinkled with granola.  Later I make some popcorn.  Then I eat three smallish cookies, a Fiber One bar, have a bowl of miso soup, and suck on some Cold-Eeze (my mother's recommendation).  In between I drink lots of hot tea, one even filled with Thera-Flu that Robyn swears is better than the DayQuil I’ve been taking.  Alexander invites three friends over to watch some football playoff games and I stay in my room, mostly sleeping.  I awake around 8, and Alexander generously offers to go over to Agata to get me dinner.  He comes home with a sushi tuna and salmon plate.  I eat that with a chocolate and raspberry Godiva bar for dessert.  I’ve eaten so much that I go on the internet to check out the adage, “Feed a cold; starve a fever.” It’s more a myth than fact.  Too bad.  Otherwise given what I’ve been eating, I should wake up tomorrow symptom-free.  If only.

No comments:

Post a Comment