Sunday, January 30, 2011

mammogram (m)

They do mammograms on Saturdays at my health plan.   I went yesterday morning at 11:10.

The last time I went, a year ago in October, I had just started WW and had lost 15 pounds.  I don't know if you remember that blog but I proudly told the technician that I had lost 15 pounds when she asked, "Any significant weight changes in the past year?" and she looked at me and said, "Yeah, no, that's not significant." 

I remember I had just bought a 16 pound pumpkin (coincidentally) and wanted to run back and drop it on her toes to show her how significant 16 pounds really is.

So, yesterday, I fill out the form and it asks again for any weight changes since the prior mammogram.  I entered -55 pounds.  It felt really good to fill that out.  I thought I looked good in my royal blue scrubs, too.

I get in the room and the technician asks me a bunch of questions.  I just filled out the form; she has it in her hand and she's asking me the same questions: date of birth, date of last mammogram, etc.  What the hell did I just fill the form out for?  Then she asks me about weight change.  I tell her.  This one I don't mind repeating. 

Her reply: "Really?"

What did she mean by that?

No comments:

Post a Comment