Thursday, January 6, 2011

missions accomplished, at least for today (lyn)

I leave the house today and barely spend any money.  That’s big for me.

First, I walk to and from my appointment to have my hair colored.  I use a coupon I’d bought for $50 from Gilt Group, a great online site for discounts.  My hair looks great and it feels like it only cost me the $15 I spent in tips.

I pick up dinner for me and Alexander -a grilled chicken breast with fresh tomatoes and onions and a serving of mashed potatoes.  I’ll make roasted brussel sprouts from my shopping spree at Fairway on Sunday.

I window-shop along Madison and upper Lexington and while I do stop into a couple of stores, I leave each one empty-handed.

I began tracking yesterday as planned. I get on the scale this morning and see that I’ve dropped a pound or so.  Perfect.

And finally, today, I begin again my attempt to find or create meaningful employment.  I make a few calls and strategize with some college tutors regarding the market.

I begin the year with two difficult goals:
  1. Exercise, a minimum of 3 days/week.
  2. Do something job-search related, a minimum of 4 days/week.

I hope I can maintain my commitment with the same fervor I used to lose weight.  We’ll see.  These goals are harder for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment