Friday, January 7, 2011

my annual check up (lyn)

I’ve been seeing the same internist for probably 10 years now.  If she weren’t my doctor, she’d probably be a friend.  She’s smart, interesting, a good listener, and non-judgmental. 

Today is my annual visit, and it is totally uneventful.  Just like I want it.  No problems anywhere.  My weight is 120, my height 5’4 ½”, blood pressure normal but on the low side (90 over 70), no unusual anything.

I remember that last year the assistant weighed and measured me.  Then, I was 138 pounds and slightly under 5’4”.  I remember feeling good about my weight but not happy about my shrinkage (I’ve always been about 5’4 1/2”). 

Today I’m back at my normal height.  Perhaps the additional 18 pounds I lost since my last check up converted into extra inches. At least that's my theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment