Thursday, April 28, 2011

he got me (m)

After steering clear of my husband for a week...I even sacrificed my long, body-hugging pillow to put between us as a Berlin Wall so the germs wouldn't get me while sleeping....I lost the battle.

Yesterday, I woke up, put the dishes in the dishwasher, cleaned the counters, put a laundry in, made the beds and started a presentation to deliver to the Board of Directors at the medical school. 

Something didn't feel right.  My head was fuzzy.  I look up and the room is spinning as if I had just gotten off a carousel.  I thought "this is it.  this is how I'm going to die."  It was that bad.

I tried to make my way to the bathroom as I started to feel nauseous.  I just made it there.  As I was throwing up, the doorbell rings.  I open the window in my bathroom which is right next to the back door where the bell rang and ask, weakly, "Who is there?"

I"t's me! Joanie!"

My wonderful neighbor.  I tell her I'm sick.  She asks if she can get me anything.

"A new body," I shout out the window.

I crawl upstairs to my bed and spend the rest of the day there.

Harrison was so concerned, he left the rink and came home to take care of me.  I had two ginger ales and a Gatorade.

My husband went to the drugstore to get me Sudafed (my head was stuffed up, maybe a sinus infection?).  No Sudafed in two stores.  The drug addicts have won.  We can't even buy Sudafed in stores anymore.

By dinner time, I was a little hungry.  I had the Healthy Choice chicken noodle soup.  Swill.  No wonder it's only a couple of points.  The "noodles" tasted like strips of paper.  I know I'm sick but this wouldn't taste like food on a good day.

Had a WW cheese string.  One point.  I wouldn't say it hit the spot but I did get some satisfaction out of it.

My husband actually took my presentation (handwritten) and put it on his computer.  He did a great job.  Guilt for giving me the flu?  "Wasn't me.  Not my brand.  I didn't have the dizziness."

By ten o'clock I went to bed for the night, presentation done courtesy of my husband, and I was in the deficit column points-wise.

Still, I'd rather be healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment