Thursday, April 7, 2011

two new dresses (lyn)

Through a connection, I go to the showroom of a NY designer  I need a dress for graduation.  I walk into the tiny room and immediately see two dresses I like.  The dressing room is a small one-person bathroom down the hall.

I fall in love with the first dress I put on.  Since this is not a store, the dress is only shown in the runway size.  Boldly I take it to try on.  Just a little tight around the hips, but not horrid.  It’s sized between a four and a six, and we agree that the size six will be perfect.

I try on a second dress for another big-school event and love that one too.  I just worry that for both dresses, I’ll need to wear high heels (and I can’t walk any more in heels greater than two inches) and get a wrap for my shoulders.  But the dresses are so nice -simple with clean lines- I get them both.  The low prices make them more affordable than a trip to the hairdresser.

As I’m leaving, the designer says, “You have a beautiful figure.”  It wasn’t that long ago that my mom’s friend couldn’t even recognize me as “I’d gotten so heavy.”  It feels nice to feel good again.  



No comments:

Post a Comment