Wednesday, April 6, 2011

two product reco's (lyn)

I know today will be bad, and almost don’t go. Weeks of eating out have finally caught up to me.  I step on the scale at WW and I’m up 1.4 pounds since just last week.  That’s not surprising considering four huge meals in the past six days.  At 122.6, I haven’t weighed this much since May 5th of last year.  Tonight is the final night of celebrating my birthday, and then I’ll be back on track.

This morning is another great class.  Our leader Steve says of us, “This is the class I am most excited about seeing, and the most scared of seeing.”  We are a vocal group of smart, supportive women.

This morning I learn of two new products I will buy.

weighted hula-hoop
Bonnie and Jen, the two fit and slim blonds in the class who always offer excellent tips on food, recently discovered 3-pound collapsible hula-hoops (with sponge) that they say are fantastic.  I used to be the neighborhood hula-hoop champ when I was about 10, but I doubt I could even do one rotation now.   The girls say it takes some practice, but they also say it’s easy once you get the hang of it.  And, you only need to do it five minutes a day.  At $27, it seems worth the investment.  The link is:  http://sports-hoop.com/product_sportshoop/ProductDetail.aspx?SubCategoryID=3&ProductID=7

fit chip
This little thingy can attach right to your bra.   It tracks movement (and sleep) and the data is automatically updated onto a website.  It's the motivation I need to start exercising.  I am a list-making, excel-spreadsheet-making junkie.  I feel like I track everything.  Books I read.  Movies I see.  Theater I go to.  Money I spend.  So effortlessly tracking activity excites me.  Sick, I know.   At $100, it is not cheap, but it’s still less than a gym.  One of the women in class says the fit chip changed her life.  It measures activity levels from sedentary to very active, and really, who wants to see themselves described every day as sedentary?  Here’s the link:  http://www.fitbit.com/


And to think I almost skipped class today!

No comments:

Post a Comment