Tuesday, February 28, 2012

a little note on the burrito story (lyn)

My phone rings.  “Hi, it’s me.  Are you at your computer?”  I am.  I’m in the middle of revising a presentation for the new product I’m working on.  But M sounds serious.  “Can you look something up for me?”  “Sure,” I say.

“Okay,” she begins.  I’m waiting for her to need some important fact for a meeting she’s about to have.  Or maybe it's something she needs for one of her kids.  “How many points are in 1 gram of fat, 13 grams of protein, blah, blah, blah.”  This is M’s emergency.  I calculate six points.  She’s happy.

“Where are you, anyway?” I ask.  “I’m in my bedroom.  I just ate a burrito and want to know how many points are in it.” 

She’s in her bedroom!!!   Her bedroom is about five feet away from her computer, but her phone is only two.

No comments:

Post a Comment