Friday, February 17, 2012

temptation (lyn)

Have an urge for Lloyd’s carrot cake.  Somewhat justify that urge by walking the three miles or so to get it.  Come home and learn that a Cosmopolitan is 6 points.  Not that that would have stopped me from consuming two last night, but still, I had no idea.

In an email, Gail reminds me of what we didn’t eat last night: 


...we passed on the potatoes, the rolls, the cakes, the lobster bisque (you know that would have ruined an entire month for me), the stuffed lobster ...

There is so much temptation everywhere.  Losing weight, or even maintaining it, is not easy.  It’s like shopping.  I walk out the door and this being a holiday weekend, there are signs everywhere beckoning me in:  70% OFF; PRICES SLASHED; WINTER CLEARANCE.  And then all those emails from shopping sites offering major discounts.  I don’t even have to leave my house to be weakened.

I wonder how long it will be before the computer can instantly deliver real food?  Not for a very long time, I hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment