Thursday, February 2, 2012

true story (lyn)

I am standing in my kitchen with an apple in my hand.  Out of nowhere it strikes me that:
  • I am in good health
  • My son is where he wants to be
  • My family and friends are healthy (though my dad could be better)
  • I am within two pounds of my ideal weight
  • I live in the best city in the world
  • I have a great opportunity to build a business, and hopefully make some decent money
  • I have amazing friendships; most decades long
  • All my clothes fit (except for that Donna Karan dress that I am still thinking about)
  • I have no major stresses keeping me up at night
  • I have a million good reasons to get up everyday

And there in my kitchen I wonder for the first time in a very long time, “Is this what happiness feels like?”  Yes, I think it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment