Saturday, February 25, 2012

no wonder (lyn)

Losing a few pounds is not easy when you are not used to it.  I think I’m eating little but the scale does not reflect it.  Take today for instance.  This is everything I eat:

Breakfast
  • fiber one bar
  • coffee with a little half and half

Lunch/Midday
  • salad of lettuce, tomato, and cucumber, with a little Japanese dressing
  • a few million cooked shrimp with cocktail sauce
  • a handful of cashews 
  • one Lindt Lindor Truffle 
  • two Pepperidge Farm pirouette cookies
  • more coffee with a little bit of half and half

Dinner
  • a tuna sandwich on 100-calorie bread
  • a handful of chips
  • a half sour pickle

I see a play with Zelia, How I Learned to Drive.  It’s excellent and upsetting.  Get home, crawl into bed, and turn on a DVR’ed episode of The Mentalist.  Suddenly I’m starving.  This is unusual for me.  I am not a late-night snacker.  I get out of bed and make a big bowl of berries (blueberries, cranberries and strawberries), and cover it with whipped cream.

So I’m curious to see if what I think is a small-eating day is really that small.  I go on the WW site to calculate points.  I err on the high side and come up with 35 points, that’s nine over my daily allowance.  Now if I'd skipped the 5-point nuts, the 2-point teeny tiny candy, and the 3-point cookies, I would have been okay.

No wonder I’m not losing those few pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment