Tuesday, December 7, 2010

a big shout out for Kate and Abby (m)

This blog has been wonderful in terms of getting support from people, some of whom I know, many of whom I don't.  When I struggle (as I do many, many times) I feel a responsibility to you and that encourages me to press on.  I also hear words of encouragement on a regular basis.

One other major benefit is that both Lyn and I have heard from many of you that we have inspired you to shed a few unwanted pounds of your own.

This particular entry is dedicated to Kate and Abby who have joined Weight Watchers and are having success thus far.

Abby, you may recall, is my college roommate and great friend.  I think she looks perfect...the same as she did in college when every prep school guy on the East Coast was pining away for her.  One in particular used to camp out in our room (at the foot of my bed...it was like having a dog) every night just to be near her.  I won't tell you his name but he's a CFO of a major corporation and was featured prominently in Fortune Magazine years ago.  Still, Abby made a better choice with her husband, Henry.  Abby's lost 10 pounds in a few short weeks.  Congratulations, Ab!

Kate is the wife of D.J., someone Lyn and I used to work with in Boston.  DJ is really smart and really funny.  We were thrilled when we first met Kate as she is the perfect companion for him...sharp-witted and very cute.  I've not spoken with Kate in 20 years, but I have heard through the grapevine that she reads the blog and has been inspired to join WW herself and is doing well.  Great job, Kate!

Every time I hear good news about people losing weight, it makes me feel even better.

Way to go, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment