Thursday, December 2, 2010

lloyd's (lyn)

Zelia and go up to school today.  Our usual 20-minute ride takes three times that.  By the time we arrive we are both hungry.  We decide that on our way home we’ll stop at a nearby bakery known for their carrot cakes.  In fact, this little storefront place in Riverdale is called Lloyd’s Carrot Cake.  What would cost $6.50 or so in the city is only $2.50 a slice at Lloyd’s.  Shari introduced me to Lloyd’s a couple of year’s ago and then I started Weight Watchers and have not returned since.  But now that I am more lax, I shamelessly recommend that we go.  We each buy carrot cake slices for ourselves and our kids, and then Zelia buys a mini pecan pie, and so I too buy a mini pie; mine is apple.

I feel like I’m in Italy.  My points have increased 57%, from 23 to 36 (factoring in bonus points).   Now I’m thinking in lira rather than dollars.  This new point system could be dangerous. 

Fruits.  Zero points.  Vegetables.  Zero points.  This is how I should be thinking.  Not, so what’s another 17 points when I have so many?

No comments:

Post a Comment