Saturday, December 4, 2010

impossible to calculate (lyn)

Zelia and I have dinner at a local Turkish restaurant.  We get there early (around 7) and by the time we leave every table, upstairs and downstairs, is filled, and people are waiting.  The food is all foreign sounding but fresh and excellent.  I choose some type of vegetarian dish that includes small servings of items like hummus, yogurt, mashed eggplant, stuffed grape leaves, and some kind of spinach thing.  There are a few more unrecognizable heaps on my plate.  Nothing looks familiar.  The bread it comes with is excellent and huge.  I can’t finish everything.  I pass on dessert but Zelia orders baklava that I thought I didn’t like.  I taste it; it’s amazing, and I eat half of her big order.

I decide not to track these points.  I wouldn’t know where to begin.  And besides, I don’t even know half of what I ate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment