Tuesday, December 21, 2010

thunder burger and bar (lyn)

Alexander convinces me to go to a burger place that is highly recommended. I’d really rather go to a salad-friendly type of restaurant until Alexander says, “You were a lot more fun when you didn’t care how much you ate.”

Thunder Burger and Bar is dark and homey. There's a big TV in the bar area, replaying Sunday’s football game where the Giants lost to the Philadelphia Eagles,  despite being up, 31 to 10, with only 8:17 left in the game.  

The menu is large and most of the items are some variation of a burger. I was going to order the rare ahi tuna fillet but decide that I don’t need more mercury this week.  Next I consider the turkey burger until the waiter mentions that it’s made from the thighs of the turkey (as if that should mean something).  While my mind goes to the image of eating a turkey thigh all ground up, he adds, "And the thighs have a lot of veins in them and that's why the burger is so pale looking."  With that description, he may have permanently ruined my appetite for turkey burgers.  So now, all that is left to choose from are the meat burgers.  Both Alexander and I order the Love Me Tender: 8 ounces of Kobe beef, topped with grilled onions and gruyere cheese, on a toasted challah bun with remoulade sauce and some of the best fries I've ever eaten. And as if that isn't bad enough, Alexander and I split two desserts (a so-so chocolate mousse cake and an incredible warm cranberry apple tart with vanilla ice cream).

I leave dinner felling fat and disgusting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment