Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I hope it's just the mirror (lyn)

Alexander needs socks.  I get some exercise in and walk to Bloomingdales.  On my way to the sock department, I stop by the Chanel counter to check out the lipsticks.  I actually brought with me a page I’d torn out of People.  To get Kate Middleton’s look, the magazine suggests trying Chanel’s Rouge Coco Shine in Adventure.  I try it on and my lips look nothing like Kate’s.

I left my house with just a little makeup on, thinking I looked fine.  I forget that being thin doesn't automatically translate to looking good.  I see myself in the mirror at the Chanel counter, and feel a bit like used clothing at a high-end resale shop.  Okay from a distance, but a little worn out up close, and on the brink of going out of style.

No comments:

Post a Comment