Thursday, May 5, 2011

something new for dinner (lyn)

Maybe it’s a good thing I don’t always listen to Alexander.

He thinks I have no business trying new recipes.  My track record is not good.  But for the past few weeks I have been eyeing the pistachio-crusted salmon at Agata's.  I suppose that when the recipe calls for “cooking at 375 for 10-15 minutes” I am not really creating the dish, but still, some effort is involved.

So I plan a nice dinner.  Grilled zucchini.  The salmon.  And carrot cake from Lloyd’s.  Alexander comes home from school around 4:30, and tells me he is meeting some friends for a 7:30 movie.  The relaxed dinner I have planned will now be eaten early, and rushed.

Surprisingly, Alexander likes the idea of a pistachio crusted salmon.  I undercook it, so the middle is pink.  Crunchy outside, soft inside.  It's perfect.  

No comments:

Post a Comment