Friday, May 6, 2011

only because every story needs an ending... (lyn)

Here’s the saga of my two new dresses.

April 17: Go to the designer’s showroom.  Try on two runway dresses.  Must have been sized to a 4/6.  We agree that the size 6 would be perfect. 

May 2: The dresses are in.  I go back to the showroom.  But the dresses were made in a size 8 because the “6’s are running small.”  They are huge on me.  I am told not to worry.  “We will re-size them to a 6.”

May 4: The two dresses are sent to my house.  I’m thrilled that they arrive so quickly but skeptical at how quickly they’ve been re-sized.  I try them on.  Half of them fit perfectly.  And that’s half as in half of each dress, not half as in one of the dresses.  The bottom part fits fine; the top part is much too big.    I speak to the designer.  She is so apologetic I feel bad having to tell her.  We make a plan for me to come in on Friday.  She’ll have “real 6’s” then.

May 6: I return to the showroom with the two dresses.  I try on the 6’s.  Same problem.  Not as bad, but still too roomy on the top.  I even try on a size 4.  This, too, fits perfectly on the bottom, but not on the top.  I am pretty well-proportioned, so I have to conclude that it’s not me.

I leave sad and empty-handed.  The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment