Friday, November 18, 2011

knocked out by a head cold (lyn)

What I do today pales in comparison to what I was supposed to do.

I was supposed to meet two friends, Ellen and Penny, at a museum tour at the Guggenheim to see the new Maurizio Catttelan exhibit (I mention his name as if I know his art; I don’t, but Penny does).

I am supposed to meet Robyn later to see a screening of Young Adult with a Q&A after with Charlize Theron, Diablo Cody, and Jason Reitman.

This is what I do instead:
  • Wake up with a horrible sore throat, chills, stuffy nose, and headache.
  • Drink hot tea.
  • Catch up on blogging.
  • Drink more hot tea.
  • Schedule an appointment to have oral surgery.
  • Have the squash soap I made last Saturday; it’s still great.
  • Drink more tea.
  • Order three sushi rolls for dinner (from the lunch special at Ging’s).
  • Walk a couple of blocks to buy Cold-Eeze and DayQuil.
  • Come home exhausted from the effort and crawl onto my bed.
  • Go through five days of mail, mostly catalogues and junk.
  • Have an afternoon snack of a few cashews and a ¼ cup (5 points) of the chocolate pomegranate candies.
  • Get in bed to read the paper and fall asleep.
  • Sleep through dinner.
  • Wake up to finish this post.
  • Go back to bed; this time to go to sleep; it’s not even 7pm.




No comments:

Post a Comment