Thursday, March 22, 2012

oh no (lyn)

I’m relaxing in bed, playing my latest addiction, Words With Friends on my iPhone.  Some of the people I'm playing with are friends I haven’t spoken to in decades.  I hear a ping, notifying me of a new email.  Probably one of the many Groupon-type notifications that seem to stalk me hourly.  Everyone on the planet must know of my other addiction: shopping.

The email is from one of my Weight Watcher friends. Here’s how the email begins:

Hi Lyn, 
Saw you just weigh in and not stay for the meeting on Wednesday.  I just want to let you know the Steve made an announcement that next week will be his LAST meeting.  He's moving to Maine.  

Steve, our smart, funny, empathetic leader is moving to Maine to help a good friend open a bakery.  Love the irony.  Somehow I never pictured Steve leaving us.  I know it's a cliche, but truly, weight watchers won't be the same without him.



No comments:

Post a Comment