Thursday, July 7, 2011

omaha steaks (m)

Took advantage of one of those trial offers from Omaha Steaks.  $59.99 for a variety pack...steaks, burgers, pork chops and hot dogs.

I gave the hot dogs to Cousin Patty as we don't eat those.  Gave the pork chops to Susan since my one experience cooking them was an unmitigated disaster.  Kept the steaks and burgers.

Cooked them up on two separate occasions.  Nothing special.  Not better-tasting than anything I could get at the butcher shop, not as good a price as Costco.

Got a call the other day from an Omaha Steak representative saying they want some feedback on the variety pack.  I told them what I just told you.  They were all apologetic and went into a heavy selling mode and I explained, patiently, that I didn't want anything else from them.  They said they wanted to "wow" me and would I mind if they had their manager call me?

I told them I would be happy to talk to their manager to give feedback but that I would not entertain any sales pitches.  Sam was sitting at the kitchen counter and thought the whole scene was amusing.

Got a call today from a manager.  She apologized profusely for my 'unfavorable experience."  I told her it wasn't unfavorable per se, I just wasn't wowed. 

I thought she would counter with a sales pitch.

Instead, she told me she was crediting my AMEX for the full amount.

Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment