Monday, October 24, 2011

horns of dilemma (m)

Today is my dear friend Abby's birthday.  Her daughter Mary emailed me a couple of weeks ago to invite me to a surprise birthday dinner in her honor this evening.  I said yes.

Abby emails me to tell me she is coming to town on October 24th....can we get together for lunch? coffee? anything?

Okay, here's what goes through my mind:

-I can't eat two meals in a restaurant on the same day. 
-I can't tell Abby I can't see her even for a quick cup of coffee. 
-I can't not go to her party.

Here's what I did:

-met Abby for lunch at Legal Seafoods in Cambridge. Had the chopped salad with grilled shrimp and an order of steamed broccoli and half a roll. We celebrated with a glass of wine instead of cake (I knocked my wine over when I reached for the balsamic vinegar).

-went home, made dinner for Harrison and T.

-went into Boston at 8:45 p.m. to join the birthday party and bring Abby her present (which I told her I forgot at lunch).  Had two big glasses of ice tea, met some of Abby's relatives and their spouses. Had a nice visit.

-went home and ate an apple.

Life was so much easier when I didn't have to count points.



-

No comments:

Post a Comment