Monday, October 17, 2011

feeling good about something (lyn)

I spend the morning online applying for seasonal jobs at places like Saks, Bloomingdales, and Bergdorf’s.  It takes hours as each job requires completion of multiple forms.  I even re-do my resume to make myself look more qualified as a sales clerk. One of the stores requires that I take an online 35-minute timed test.  Really, you would think I was competing to replace Steve Jobs.

I have a BAFTA Screening meeting in the afternoon.  I get dressed in fall clothes for the first time this season. My small black favorite Thakoon skirt from last year still fits perfectly, and my Prada boots easily slide over my calves. My fur-trimmed black cape from many seasons back still looks glamorous and chic.  I walk out the door feeling good.  While I may not be a person with an important job anywhere, I can still look the part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment