Wednesday, October 12, 2011

a-maze-ing (m)

My phone rings at 7:15.  I awaken from an Advil-and-Tiger-Balm-induced coma.  I don't have my bearings and my husband is bellowing for me to pick up the phone it's Susan!

"Put on The Today Show," she says.  "Someone from our home town is going to be on."

Okay, this snapped me to attention.  You have to understand, my home town is full of nice people but, well, how do I say this delicately...not exactly Movers and Shakers.

"Why?" I ask.  Why is someone from our town on The Today Show?

Susan can't answer right away because she is snorting from laughing so hard.

She pulls herself together to say "BECAUSE THEY GOT LOST IN A CORN MAZE WITH THEIR INFANT BABY AND HAD TO CALL 911 TO BE RESCUED."

My first thought?  Well, at least they had something to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment