Thursday, September 16, 2010

the difference a year makes (lyn)

Exactly one year ago today I attended my first weight watchers meeting.  Someone pointed out to me in yesterday’s class, “You’re a totally different person.”  And I feel different too.  Aside from the 40 pounds I’ve lost, I’ve changed some behaviors.  I:
  • No longer am afraid to look in mirrors I pass.
  • Welcome the scale vs. avoid it.
  • Know how to lose weight, which before I had no idea.
  • No longer avoid being in front of the camera.
  • Rarely eat fries, muffins and pasta.
  • Am not afraid to see friends I haven’t seen in a long time.
  • Can wear short skirts and skinny jeans (but not too short or too tight; I don’t want to look like someone old trying to pass for young).
  • Do not dread buying clothes; actually I find it exhilarating, perhaps too much so
  • Can put on anything in my closet and know it will fit, unless it’s too big
  • Am not embarrassed being with my thin sisters, one of whom said to a friend of mine last year, “I can’t believe that someone in my family is heavy.”
  • Have more confidence.
  • Am just plain happier.    

No comments:

Post a Comment