Sunday, September 5, 2010

temptation avoided (lyn)

Alexander is in the Hamptons, working on his college essays, I can only hope.  Shari and I see a movie, The Switch,  another sweet romantic comedy with a happy ending,   I bring along my fat-free bland tasting popcorn.  Last night I did the same, but when I bought my ticket I was handed a coupon.  I was about to toss it when I saw it was not the usual offer for a drink and popcorn for ONLY $8 (or something equally ridiculous).  No, this one was for:  $1 on ANY size drink, and $1 for ANY size popcorn.  I knew I’d go for the drink.  But the popcorn?  I was considering tossing my relatively tasteless 1 point popcorn bag for the real thing when I remembered something I’d read months ago.  That movie theater popcorn was bad.  I couldn’t remember how bad, but I remember it was shockingly bad. I thought of my new skinny black jeans and passed.  My little bag of the fat-free popcorn with 4 points worth of pre-measured chocolate covered raisins mixed in tasted just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment