Tuesday, September 7, 2010

zzzz..(m)

Instead of eating, I look for activities that will occupy my mind and/or body. 

My husband and I decided to go to a movie.  It was the first movie I've seen in many months.  We wanted to see The Town but it's not out until September 17th.  Instead, we chose The American (with George Clooney).

I called my friend, V, just before we left the house.  We are trying to do an evening together on Martha's Vineyard at Kathy's house and I was checking on her availability for mid-September.  I made the mistake of telling V that we were headed to the movies and what we were planning to see.

"Oh no," she said.  Turns out she saw it and disliked it. 

With that ringing endorsement, we got to the theatre in time for the 10 p.m. show.

About one hour into this snoozefest, my knee started to throb.  My husband thinks even my knee hated the movie.  He fell asleep despite the many scenes of the naked Italian woman.  George Clooney himself couldn't keep me awake.  All I consumed was a bottle of Dasani water.

In Weight Watchers parlance, this movie was Zero Points.

No comments:

Post a Comment