Monday, August 30, 2010

3 little discoveries (lyn)

When I was on the Cape, I made three inexpensive purchases of small items that I just began using.  They are all under $10, and each I’d highly recommend.
A small digital kitchen timer by Polder 
I love this little gadget.  Yes, I have a timer on my microwave, and yes, I have a pretty (and costly) analog timer, but none work as well as this little baby.  It is very simple to use.   I could toss the instructions without reading them.  I use it for cooking.  For timing the white strips on my teeth.  For calling back a friend who has requested a “wake up call” from her afternoon nap.  I’m sure I’ve yet to find all its many uses.
Himalayan Salt
I use this in everything.  Apparently it has health benefits and can even be thrown into a bath (though I can’t remember the last time I took one of those).
Madhava Agave Nectar
Love this stuff.  More healthy than sugar and easier to use than honey.  And it tastes great in salad dressings and on roasted vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment