Monday, August 9, 2010

same time next year (m)

For the past three years, I've been giving lectures on various business cases to MBA candidates at local schools...Harvard, Tuck, and Boston College.  Tonight was Boston College.

The first time I lectured, I was near my heaviest and had five dental implants in progress.  You couldn't see the affected area, but I was really self-conscious when presenting.  My gift for that one-hour presentation was a  nice mug.

Last year, I was at my peak weight, though I did have my smile back.  I got a key chain that lights up which I keep in my purse.  I use it to read menus in dimly lit restaurants.

This year, I arrived early and spent some time catching up with the professor.  He presented me with an umbrella.  Then he said:  "You look great.  Have you lost alot of weight?" 

Not that I don't appreciate the mug, the flashlight and the umbrella, but this was the best gift he could have given me.

When I left he said "Same time next year.  I can't wait to see how you'll look then".

That makes two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment