Tuesday, August 17, 2010

while the cat's away...(m)

Remember the trip to Maine a week or so ago?  Before I left, I shopped and put all the food away.  The boys had plenty of options.  Fruit, vegetables, meat, chicken, turkey slices, peanut butter, bread, etc, etc.

So, imagine my surprise when I pick up a copy of the town newspaper and see my two sons' photos in there...with the manager of a local eatery. 


The caption reads: Theo's Pizzeria store manager Dante Georgio makes subs for Harrison (on the right) and Sam (on the left) to take home to their father for supper while their mother is away.

Note the wording.  While their mother is away. Is it me or does the headline imply that the mother abandoned her family to fend for themselves?  And, by the way, where is the mother?  Betty Ford? 




No comments:

Post a Comment