Sunday, August 1, 2010

wiener's circle (lyn)

The day starts badly.

I go with Hazel to her WeightWatchers class, weigh in, and am up two pounds since Wednesday. 

That alone would be bad enough, but then Hazel and Alexander want to have lunch at Wiener's Circle.  Remember?  That was one of the fast food places profiled on the Travel Channel (June 5 posting) where the waitresses abuse the customers.  

We get to the restaurant which is really a roadside dump of a place.  Much smaller than a McDonalds and less refined.  A few tables are inside, but most are outdoors.  That’s where we decide to eat.




Alexander orders french fries and rates them as "Good, but not the best I've had."  I try them and eat a lot more than a taste’s worth.  I don't know if it's because I haven't eaten fries in a while, or that my judgment is off, but I think that these fries rank right up there at the top.

Even though this fast-food place is known for its hot dogs (thus the name), its sign promotes burgers.  That's what Alexander orders.  Plain.  No cheese.  No onions.  And definitely no ketchup.   He's not changed that much from when he was very young.  Once we were at the local diner and he ordered French Toast "without the French."

Hazel and I both order the hot dogs.  I get mine with mustard, relish, raw chopped onions, pickles and tomatoes.  The many accoutrements obscure the main attraction.




While the food is great, we are a little disappointed that Weiner’s Circle does not live up to its reputation.  The waitresses, at lest the ones at noon, are actually nice.  So nice in fact, that when we ask if we can take a picture with the “meanest one,” she happily obliges:


No comments:

Post a Comment