Thursday, March 3, 2011

white bread (m)

Cleaning out the refrigerator today and I come across an almost-full loaf of white bread.  How'd this get here?  Then I remembered the pre-colonoscopy diet:  Low fiber, low residue.  I don't remember buying the bread, but I must have. 

Now what?  Pre-Weight Watchers, I would have turned this sucker into a few grilled cheese sandwiches or maybe even French Toast.  Those days are long gone. 

I looked out my kitchen window onto the snow-covered lawn.  I decided to throw the bread out for the birds.  I flung 14 slices of Pepperidge Farm Hearty White bread like frisbees.  The bread did not land very far.  I made a note to work on my upper body strength.  Went back into the kitchen to make Zelia's roasted butternut squash soup.

About 5 minutes later, I turned to look out the window and saw a little squirrel holding a slice of the bread in his little hands, eating it ever so daintily.

 I didn't have the heart to tell him that slice was going to cost him 3 whole points.

No comments:

Post a Comment