Monday, April 30, 2012

day plan goes awry by night (lyn)

I try all day to eat light. 

I get to the courthouse at 10 to report for the case I was selected to serve on last week.   I have half a fat-free scone for breakfast, while sitting and waiting for the lawyers to arrive.   At 10:15,   a clerk of the court comes in.  “Your case has been suspended.  One of the lawyers had a personal situation and can't be here today.  You are all dismissed.”  That's it.  I’m done with jury duty for another four years.

I walk over to the office where I’m consulting.  I have a two-hour meeting with the head of marketing and leave hungry.

By the time I get home it’s three.  I need to leave by 4:30 to meet Robyn for a 6pm screening; I’ll eat only one meal today.  Around 4, I make a big salad from leftovers.  I’m feeling skinnier already.

I meet Robyn to see The Five-Year Engagement, a sweet Judd Apatow movie.  I get home around 8:30 with a strong need to eat.  I go to Sedutto’s and get a chocolate chip ice cream cone, and feel guilty for the rest of the night.



No comments:

Post a Comment