Friday, September 25, 2009

10 days and no cravings (lyn)

My day:
  • 8:30 am:  Calming a totally stressed-out teen who overslept (as did I) and is now worried about having missed his first period Physics class.
  • 9:00 am: Trying on a pair of jeans expecting them to feel looser but can barely pull them past my knees.  Relieved to find out they are my son’s, not mine.  Phew.
  • 9:30 am:  Sharing coffee with my neighbor and her two gorgeous kids, ages 1 and 3.
  • 10:00 am:  Reading the WW web site looking for low-numbered foods, making weekend plans, paying bills and backing up my computer.  Then, looking up the value of risotto (not worth it);  lamb (worth it); and a slice of apple pie (forget it!).
  • 12 noon: Eating miso soup for lunch.
  • 1:00 pm: Having hair colored, overdue by at least two weeks.
  • 3:00 pm:  Buying WW dessert ice creams, already anticipating the fun of eating them...  only two points.
  • 3:15 pm: Snacking on four shrimp (3 ounces) and buying dinner for my son.
  • 4:00 pm:  Scouring the net for job opportunities, answering ads, networking, and lamenting on the frustration of doing this and not seeing results.  (It's why I like Weight Watchers...you do it;  you do it right;  and achieving results is a reasonable expectation.  Not so with job-hunting.)
  • 6:00 pm: Dining in, solo, on spinach and 1/3 pound grilled salmon and one surprisingly satisfying WW ice cream bar.
  • 8:00 pm: Meeting friends downtown to see a FREE off-Broadway Horton Foote play, The Chase (one of a million reasons why New York is the greatest city in the world, really).
  • 11:00 pm: Writing this blog.
 Given the "oh-so-frenetic" pace of the day, it was easy to avoid thinking about the foods I no  longer eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment