Wednesday, September 16, 2009

first meeting (lyn)

So this morning I went to my first Weight Watchers meeting and already I want to quit.


The group, though, was surprising. Were it not for the sign on the door, one would not have known that everyone had come for a meeting on weight loss. In fact, one of the women was a very fit, attractive blond, who, as it turns out, lost 40 pounds since January. She was also working out five days a week, but still.


The meeting was fine. It wasn't a rah-rah type thing (which I would have hated), and the leader, Steve, was both entertaining and informative. I did learn a tip: let them see the whites of your plate. In other words, there should be spaces between the various food groups. I liked that idea. But as for points, I think that tracking them will be too much of a job. Right now I am afraid to eat anything for fear of using up my 20 points in one sitting. Already I'm trying to figure a way around the points...if I just cut out desserts, eat fewer fries, be more cognizant of portion control and add lots of the "free foods" plus some exercise....I think I'd see a difference with my own modified version. We'll see, but right now, it's noon, and I'm starving...usually I don't get hungry until at least two! Must be the thought of not eating that's making me so hungry. I think I'll have an English Muffin which is only 1 point, though I wonder what the butter and jam will add?

No comments:

Post a Comment