Wednesday, September 16, 2009

scared (lyn)

I just read my friend's posts and now I really don't want to do this. I wish I could just get to the end without the effort of traveling there. I have never in my life dieted and the idea of keeping points on what I eat....well, it's hard to imagine that. Although in school I always liked getting graded. I was that straight A student in high school, basically, I guess, because I liked the affirmation that yes, I had done it and had done did it well. I ended up at Tufts and graduated with a 3.9. Again, I liked the idea of the grade. It made me feel accomplished. Even at business school (I got my MBA at Kellogg), I still felt the need to do well. I liked grades, so I think I'll like this. Working was less grade (accomplishment) driven as there were too many other factors (I would have failed office politics so I guess I should be grateful that that wasn't graded, although it was, but far more subtly). So, I think (I hope) I'll like the Weight Watchers grading system....you do well; you lose weight. Ah, but the process.....this will be much much harder than Micro Economics, and that was a bitch.
-lyn

No comments:

Post a Comment