Monday, September 21, 2009

navigating landmines (m)

This is a tough week.  Dinner party on Monday with a group of women then my 25th Wedding Anniversary on Tuesday (dinner out) and then a family celebration on Friday

Let's start with tonight.  7 women and six bottles of wine.  Good thing I brought the shrimp cocktail as I can't think of anything more ridiculous than wasting precious calories/points on alcohol.  That will never be my problem (unless, of course, you subscribe to Overeaters Anonymous where all grains are created evil...beer, bread.).  The women are all very thin.  The skinniest says hello, would you like to take your jacket off? I told her that the jacket doesn't come off.

Dinner was grilled chicken, salad with a little Caesar dressing (not good, not bad).  I took a small amount of each and was dying for a little more and then I saw the cat walk on the counter and eat out of one of the serving dishes.  I lost my appetite and made a note to get a cat.

Someone brought dessert:  a homemade flourless chocolate cake and an almond torte.  People were moaning like Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally over the flourless chocolate cake.  I had to try it.  One. Small. Bite.  Big mistake.  No, I didn't have any more, but that was the hardest thing I've pulled away from since I started this diet.  I got the recipe.  At this rate, I'll be able to eat it in 18 months.

I'm not hungry, just a little deprived.

Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment