Tuesday, September 15, 2009

white knuckles (m)

By Day Three, I'm thinking I can do this.

The only glitch is that I have to go to a function at my son's school tonight. They said dinner would be provided, but I know that means roll-ups with mayo. Can't do that.

So, I eat some steamed shrimp first. I'm not full and I can't look at that Veggie Soup again. It smells like swill. I down five mini-cucumbers. No salt because I'm pre-menstrual and peri-menopausal which means I have the pleasure of bloating like a blow fish but never know when my period will show up.

I go to the meeting, feel virtuous that I don't even look at the food and come home.

It's 9 p.m. Too early to go to bed. The Patriots are on Monday Night Football. Brady's Big Return! Leno's new show debuts at 10! Kanye West is on (one night after he humiliated Taylor Swift)! I can't go to bed. I stay up and have a Graham cracker with tea. Oh, this is worse. I feel the Carbohydrate Beast awakening. My knuckles are turning white (hypothetically speaking).

I grab a few Quaker mini rice cakes. Apple Cinnamon. Not bad. I stuff two in my mouth. My 15 year old comes downstairs and sees rice cake residue on my face, shakes his head and says: "you need to control your impulses better or you'll never make it".

I finish my "dessert" and go to bed. Maybe I've lost a pound by now.

m

No comments:

Post a Comment