Thursday, September 24, 2009

my parents sign up (lyn)

CAUTION:  don’t send your parents a link to your blog unless you are prepared for their criticisms. 


Yesterday I decided to let my parents see my blog, and know of my latest membership.  So I sent them the link.  My 86-year old dad (who is still pretty cool and does his banking online) knows what he knows about the computer and that’s it.  It didn’t take me as long as expected to walk him through the steps of clicking on the link to open it.  That accomplished, we moved on to, “now you need to scroll down to the bottom of the blog and read from the bottom up, since it’s in reverse order.”  That took a bit longer.  Next I explained how to bookmark the blog so he could look at our updates.  He accomplished that quickly.  I feel proud that Two Girls and a Diet now has a place on my dad’s bookmarks bar between Citizen’s Bank and Celebrity Jews.


My dad printed out my blog for my 80-year old mom, who looks gorgeous, is active, is totally together, and has zero interest in the computer--she never lived up to her declaration three years ago that “if we get an Apple I promise to learn."


So my mom, after reading portions of my blog (somehow only a partial-blog printed out) said,    “You only lost 1.8 pounds the first week?  When I did Weight Watchers I lost about 2-3 pounds a week!”


I guess I need to try even harder.  And I thought I was doing so well.




No comments:

Post a Comment