Wednesday, September 23, 2009

penance (m)

The day after the anniversary dinner.  I decided to pull back and make up a little ground from last night.

Breakfast-Greek yogurt, 1/2 an apple, cinnamon and one tsp of honey

Snack-100 calorie bag of popcorn , one apple and one McDonald's small coffee (free promotion still going on.  I went to my back-up McDonald's thinking I was being incognito--"HI!!!!  Where you been, lady?  No McSkillet burrito today??"  Thankfully, I was alone).

Lunch-turkey breast on salad with Newman's spray dressing (Balsamic Breeze--and you get about as much satisfaction as if real dressing blew off someone's dish in the next town).  One slice of dark rye.

Dinner-1/2 sweet potato.  I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray (I can't believe someone named it that) and an egg white omelet with veggies.

Snack-a Weight Watchers chocolate chip brownie bar.  NASTY.  I wonder if I can take the box back like that woman did last week.  Made a note to check their refund policy.

Water: check.  Oil: check  Milk:check

Going to bed with Vanity Fair.  I have to have some satisfaction.  Jackie O is on the cover.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:39 AM EDT

    I was thinking about yesterday's post -- the "just one bite of the amazing cake" post. We are like heroin addicts. We can't have "just a little bite…"

    I'm sure Nicole Ritchie once said, "I'll have just a small hit of that primo smack."

    Right.

    Next thing you know, she's got a 16 gauge needle in her forearm and she's face down in her own vomit. Off to rehab (or WW) she goes.

    Over the years, I found that it's better to just say no. To the drugs and to the chocolate. After awhile, the daily self-denial; the triumph over these crazy urges to eat food that is forbidden/bad gives you a little high -- a little feeling of superiority -- sort of like Lyn's running in Central Park feeling.

    Granted, it's not as good as blue cheese mashed potatoes, but, it's something...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just started following your blog today -- what an inspiration!! I have been "doing" WW for several months now and losing the same stupid 2 lbs. -- so really, I haven't been doing it at all. I finally decided to buckle down, track, measure and focus. I even went so far as to bring a stinkin' measuring cup to the office today so I could double check that the styrofoam cups are truly only 8oz!! I have one complete day of points tracking under my belt and today is off to a good start again.

    ReplyDelete